INFRASTRUCTURE & SERVICES FOR START-UPS
The ZWT Accelerator is the ideal location for you!
Life science companies need excellent office and laboratory infrastructure, but above all they need networking. The ZWT Accelerator actively promotes this networking with strategic partners from science and industry as a “one-stop shop” and is thus the ideal location for start-ups.
The existing ZWT has created a pull effect that is increasingly attracting start-ups from the life sciences to a location in the Medical Science City Graz. In order to meet this demand and to continue to promote the dynamic development (see ZWT magazine), the Styrian Business Promotion Agency SFG and the Medical University of Graz are jointly implementing the ZWT Accelerator. The project is co-financed by funding from the Province of Styria and the European Regional Development Fund. More information on IWB/EFRE can be found at www.efre.gv.at .
For founders in the life sciences, the ZWT Accelerator functions as a “one-stop shop” whose services go far beyond providing office and laboratory space and infrastructure. Moreover, the ZWT Accelerator will be established as a networking platform with appropriate space – for the tenants to network with each other, but also for workshops and events with partners.
Hard facts and services
- Modern laboratory and office infrastructure (laboratories up to S2)
- Integration into a unique environment in the Medical Science City Graz incl. the R&D special infrastructure of the Medical University of Graz, the Center for Medical Research (ZMF), Core Facilities, Biobank Graz
- Networking platform for the tenants of both ZWTs among each other, but also for workshops and events with partners such as Science Park Graz, Human.technology Styria, the Center for Medical Research (ZMF) as a facility of the Medical University of Graz, etc.
- “One-stop shop” for founders and spin-offs from the life science sector with strategically important contacts
- Special funding (Start!Klar, Start!Klar plus) and financing (Risikokapital!Offensive, Venture Capital, etc.) for start-ups via the Styrian Business Promotion Agency SFG
- Start of construction: January 2021; expected opening: early 2023
- Location: opposite side of the street from the ZWT
- GFA 2,700 m²
- General planning services: Riegler Riewe Architects
- Construction management: Bundesimmobiliengesellschaft (BIG)
Picture on the left: ZWT Accelerator – Credit Riegler Riewe Architects